Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you when you found out.....

I had just woken up and was getting myself breakfast with a 6 month old Kayla playing next to me. I turned on the TV for some 'background' noise and there it was...one of the Twin Towers was smoking. I just stared at the TV listening to them explain what had happened there, at the Pentagon and in a field in Pennsylvania, when all of a sudden another plane flew in the background and straight into the second tower. I could not believe my eyes and remember wondering how could someone do this, all those poor people on the planes and then the towers fell...and I cried.

2 comments:

Candice said...

I actually just got done exercising and turned off my video and saw it all unfold. It was sad and crazy at the same time. I couldn't believe it. My father-in-law was also on a airplane somewhere and we didn't know where until a few hours later.

Kristi said...

Sterling called me on his way to work and told me to turn on the TV. I was trying to do my medical transcription that was due at 9 and had a really hard time not standing in front of the TV. I remember just standing there staring at the TV and crying and crying. Brian was living in NY and could see the towers from his apartment, but he was asleep and didn't know it had happened. We were calling and calling him. It was very scary.

That was the same week my mom's uncle died and he had to be driven in a U-haul to Utah to be buried because they couldn't put him on a plane. Then on the 14th my sister's baby died. It was a very sad time for our family.